How to Update Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.1 JRO03C Official Firmware
We have been playing with the Nexus 7 for a while. Apart from a few minor bugs, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is pretty stable and very fast. Google has rolled out a new software update for the Nexus 7 tablet Android 4.1.1 JRO03C.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1.1 JRO03C OTA on Nexus 7 with complete steps on how to install the official update in your phone. Your tablet should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Nexus 7 tablet to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Nexus 7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your tablet to the latest Android 4.1.1 JRO03C update.