Update Nexus 7 to KRAKD-7 Custom ROM Firmware
Nexus 7 is the first Nexus 7-inch Android device that offers a complete pure experience of Android on the large screen with Google Play widgets and other features. Nexus 7 was first announced at the Google I/O 2012 where it was also given out to all the attendees along with the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus Q.
In this tutorial, we are going to tell you how you install KRAKD-7 custom ROM on your Nexus 7 tablet. Not many are available, but custom firmware has already started being developed by developers to support the upcoming Nexus 7 tablet.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
- Zip aligned
- Superflous apps removed
- init.d support
- Ad-blocking host file
- Aroma installer
- DSP Manager
- Original Nexus 7 boot animation
- Clean look
- Awesome speed
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Nexus 7 tablet to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Nexus 7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone/tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your tablet to the latest Android 4.1 KRAKD-7 custom ROM update.