How to Update Galaxy S3 to CheckROM EvoHD Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S III is no doubt one of the most powerful Android phones of all time. It packs some great hardware that offers amazing performance and has the greatest Android release, ICS, which makes it very fast and easy to use. Developers love this phone. Lots and lots of custom ROMs are being built for the Galaxy S3.
CheckROM EvoHD XXBLFB is one of our favourite custom ROMs available for the Galaxy S3. It comes with great features, system tweaks and modifications that are not found in the official stock firmware. In this tutorial, we will explain how you can install CheckROM EvoHD XXBLFB on your Galaxy S3 and enjoy the awesome features this ROM offers.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CheckROM EvoHD Features:
- Based on XXBLFB Firmware from Samsung
- Kernel: Stock Samsung LFB (Hacked) (Samsung Built love with Team induced chemistry )
- Baseband: XXLFB
- Changed Superuser to SuperSu v0.93
- No Wipe
- Scrolling Made Smoother
- Build.prop tweaks
- Hardware Acceleration Enabled (GPU UI Enabled)
- Multi CSC
- Larger Apn List
- Sd Card Speed Fix
- %Battery (Use settings>>Display>Battery percentage)
- Most of the Samsung widgets and app’s removed!
- Fully optimized .png’s Smooth animation’s
- Installation Script cleanup/optimization
- OOM Priority Charger
- Reduced Touchwiz Redraw
- Smooth Spinners
- Added Traditional Extended Power Menu
- Fixed the Cell Stand By issue
- Optimized Ram
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest Galaxy S3 I9300 CheckROM EvoHD XXBLFB custom firmware.