Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Galaxy S3 4.0.3 ICS Salman ROM
Samsung Galaxy S II has officially received the Android 4.0.3 ICS updates and now Galaxy S2 devices are also being updated to Android 4.0.4 officially by Samsung, starting from selected countries. However, these updates don’t bring the new TocuhWiz and features from the Galaxy S3 to Galaxy S2.
Thanks to S3 Salman ROM, this custom firmware will allow you to have the look and feel of the Galaxy S III I9300 on your Galaxy S II with most of the features and UI ported from the S3 to S I9100. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install this firmware on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
S3 Salman ROM Features:
- Android 4.0.3
- Build XWLPG
- bloarware removed
- CF-ROOT KERNEL
- fully rooted
- Jkay framwork included (app not)
- sgs3 sounds
- sgs3 wallpapers
- sgs3 icons
- sgs3 widgets
- Full RTL support (ARABIC)
- Non stock Sgs3 boot animation
- Stock Sgs3 shutdown animation (.qmg)
- Myfiles themed (blue)
- browser themed (toolbar looks just like SGS3)
- Added SGS3 battery percentage
- themed mms.apk
- No More FC
- More stable
- Better battery life
- Faster GPRS/Gps/Wifi
- AND MANY MORE OTHER THINGS
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install S3 Salman custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100.