Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy Nexus I9250
ClockworkMod Recovery 6 has just been released a few days ago. Not the final version yet, but the initial test version is now available for the Galaxy Nexus to be installed, tested and you should give feedback to Koush ( the developer) for such an awesome recovery.
ClockworkMod 6 – FINAL version is now available!
CWM Recovery, which is also a part of the ROM Manager Android app is one of the most popular custom recovery for Android phones. Loads and loads of Android devices are supported by ClockworkMod. CWM Recovery 6 comes with a better interface that makes use of the large screens Android phones have these days. Nandroid backups are now 4-5x faster.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android device with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy Nexus I9250.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy Nexus I9250
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy Nexus. Please read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Just To Remember:
- This CWM Recovery 6 is only for Galaxy Nexus (I9250, maguro).
- Disclaimer: This is in Alpha testing version. Try on your own risk!
- Galaxy Nexus bootloader should be unlocked before trying this tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK.
Step 2 – Enable USB Debugging mode in your Galaxy Nexus.
Step 3 – Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.
NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.
Step 4 – Download CWM6 (maguro-test-recovery.img) and save it to your android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer.
Step 5 – Now go into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Galaxy Nexus. How? Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen. This is bootloader mode.
Step 6 – Navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
Step 7 – Type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery maguro-test-recovery.img
Step 8 – Once completed, choose RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.
That’s it. Your Galaxy Nexus will show you the new CWM 6 now.
If you run into any problems, don’t forget to drop a comment below and we will be happy to help you out.