Update HTC Sensation XE to 3.32.401.105 Android 4.0.3 Official Firmware Manually
HTC Sensation XE has now received the official Android 4.0.3 software update. It is a Gingerbread-based phone that was waiting to get ICS for a long time. Sensation XE’s ICS update is not available as an OTA or you can always install 3.32.401.105 ICS update manually. In this complete guide, we’ll tell you how you can update HTC Sensation XE to Android 4.0 ICS manually with an official software update.
Official 3.32.401.5 firmware should be rolled out to all the devices around the world, but for now, this firmware update is only available in Germany. We will do a similar guide as soon as the Android 4.0 firmware is release for rest of the world. Since this is an official firmware, you warranty will not void if you install it with the tutorial given below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
HTC Sensation XE 3.32.401.5 ICS Firmware
You need to be on the stock firmware in order to apply this new 3.32.401.5 ICS firmware. If you are on a custom ROM or have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed, then roll back to stock 1.50.401.1 RUU before trying to install the new ICS firmware.
Rooting Warning: This is an official software update update for HTC Sensation XE, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root HTC Sensation XE to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root HTC Sensation XE on 4.0.3 ICS soon.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM — all your data will be deleted, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
This is a leaked official firmware and many firmwares vary from region to region as HTC rolls them out officially. We are not to be held responsible for any damage.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your HTC Sensation XE to the latest Android 4.0 3.32.401.5 OTA official firmware.