Install myONEv RC2.1 Custom ROM on HTC One V
myONEv custom ROM packs great features with super fast performance and really good battery life. HTC One V stock firmware could get slow at times and has a few small bugs here and there, but myONEv fixes all those and provide you with a very stable custom ROM.
HTC One V should be rooted and have a custom recovery, like ClockworkMod recovery, install on the phone before trying any of the steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One V to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One V USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
- Based on Primo HTC RUU 2.08.401.2
- Kernel – Tweaked Stock / Non-tweak Stock & Virtuous_S4A-2 kernel is on add-on at post #2
- Fully Deodexed all APKs & JARs
- Zipaligned system APKs
- Ext4 File system with Alignment
- init.d Support
- Data APKs auto zipalign at boot
- SmoothScroll Patch
- Busybox, Root, Superuser
- Languages : Multilingual – Full WWE
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update your phone to the latest HTC One V myONEv custom firmware.
How to Install myONEv on HTC One V
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install myONEv on HTC One V. Please read every line carefully below. We suggest, read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for HTC One V. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- This is not an official HTC software update. This is a custom third-party ROM.
- Bootloader should be unlocked. How? –> How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Phones.
- Make sure ClockworkMod Recovery is installed on your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download myONEv for HTC One V to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your HTC One V USB (mass) memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the myONEv zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root.
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone.
Step 5 – Now to get in the bootloader mode. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
Step 6 – Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
Step 7 – In ClockworkMod recovery, wipe data first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 8 – Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 9 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to myONEv zip file and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 10 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your HTC One V should now have myONEv installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Step 11 – You must flash the boot.img (included) for this ROM to work. How? Continue reading below.
Step 12 – Download Fastboot files if you don’t already have them and extract in C:\ drive.
Step 13 – Copy/paste the boot.img file to the fastboot (C:\fastboot) directory.
NOTE: Can’t find boot.img? Extract boot.img from the myONEv zip file for the kernel.
Step 14 – Hold the Power button on your HTC device for 10 seconds to completely turn it off.
Step 15 – Now go to Bootloader Mode on your device. How? Press Volume Down and Power to start the device into Bootloader mode.
Step 16 – Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button to select.
Step 17 – Connect your HTC device to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 18 – Now open Command Propmpt. How? Click the Start button and type ‘cmd’ (without quotes) and press Enter.
Step 19 – In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter.
Step 20 – Now type the following commands and press Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot-bootloader fastboot erase cache
Step 21 – Now turn on the device.
Have fun playing with it! If you have any issues, please post them up in the comments below!