How to Install CM9 ICS on HTC Wildfire S
We have talked about this once before. HTC has no plans to update their lower-end Android phones to Android 4.0 ICS. Now that we have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in the line, I really don’t see any hope for the HTC devices like Wildfire S — but, we still have CyanogenMod 9.
Developers have worked really hard to bring CM9 to HTC Wildfire S, which means, you get to enjoy all the features of Android 4.0 ICS on Wildfire S. We have covered a complete tutorial of what features you get in CM9 on HTC Wildfire S and how to install it on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Wildfire S to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Wildfire S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your HTC Wildfire S to CM9 ICS.