Install Android 4.0.4 I9300 XXALF2 on Samsung Galaxy S III
We just wrote about the latest Samsung Galaxy S3 XXALF6 firmware from Italy, which is now available online for anyone who wants to flash over their Android phone. There are a few more available which we’ll dig out and bring out tutorials for all of those firmwares. The latest one today is Android 4.0.4 I9300XXALF2 for Samsung Galaxy S III from United Kingdom.
This latest I9300XXALF2 was released by Samsung over KIES for London (United Kingdom) in Europe. The modem build is XXLF2 and the firmware build date is 5th June 2012. There has been 671,647 changes in this firmware. Since this firmware is unbranded, you can easily install it on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S III. Keep checking back, as we have a lot more firmwares to share and you will have an option which one from which region you want to flash/install on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. Might not be required in this tutorial.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest Galaxy S3 I9300 4.0.4 XXALF2 firmware.