How to Install CM9 RC1 on HTC Sensation
HTC Sensation is also one of those 37 devices for which CM9 RC1 was released. CM9 is almost ready and after another RC version or so, it is ready to be rolled out to public for their Android devices. For the final release, a number of more Android devices will be added just like every CyanogenMod release.
CM9 will bring the almost-stock experience to your HTC Sensation and will also come added with hundreds and hundreds of new tweaks and features. It will remove the HTC Sense experience and let you enjoy Android in stock form. Want to try? Continue reading below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Sensation to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Sensation USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest CM9 release.